Sunday, November 21, 2010

Internet film schools and bunny masks

I think I may put this up a while ago on Failbook, but things get lost on there. So here it is again.

With all this talk of film festivals, short films and creative efforts and the such, I went looking for some royalty free music to use. It's really hard to find music that is both free to obtain and free to use, but I think I might have stumbled upon a couple of good 'uns. There is much to be gleaned from the pages of the internet, there are plenty of people putting their stuff out there to be discovered.


Really quite comprehensive collection of ambient and background music that is totally royalty free. The site is run by Kevin MacLeod, who composes all the pieces on the site, and openly invites people to use his songs in your works, on the proviso that you credit him. Noice.


Smaller selection and less polished sound, but still some handy little bits of muzak here. On the website is also a plethora of tools for film making, such as script outlines, storyboards, even fonts. Site owner Peter John Ross is semi-famous for his independent film making shenanigans. You write one book...

3. PacDV

Small selection of both music and sound effects. Limited but useful none the less collection. Again, link or reference the site and all will be good.






After all that i found this link, that pretty much detailed all those websites and added some more for good measure. Get scrounging for free stuff!

* * * * * * * * *

In the spirit of not leaving posts with just one topic, may I present Alena Beljakova's flickr photostream. She comes from St Petersburg, Russia, so all her photos have a slightly decayed, Soviet Era, Art school drop-out kind of feel to them. I'm not normally a big fan of the super-colour boosted, over contrasty kind of photo, but I think these are rad as. Expecially the bunny photos :p

red poppy

IMG_2ffff107

5

Photos copyright Alena Beljakova